Hannah Karlijn Nieuwveld was born on 3:17 pm Monday 30 July 2007!!! What is amazing about that is that was actually her due date - the one date we thought for sure she wouldn't come! I am thrilled to NOT be pregnant and we are BOTH sooo in-love with our new little girl. Labor came hard (contractions were harder than the machine could track) and fast (not down time for me - ugh). I went to the hopsital at 11am and simply fell on the floor when I got out of the elevator - poor nurses! Needless to say, I was panicking and freaking out. Although epidurals are not the norm here, I was in so much pain and it was happening so fast, that I got one - thank goodness. There were further complications, but I will spare everyone the details. We weren't able to go home that day as hoped and as is normal here, but Hannah has a clean bill of health. She was born just under 6 lbs 16 oz. (3175 grams) and 20 inches (50cm). Like me when I was born, she now has dark skin and hair. I imagine, like me, her hair will fall out and return blonde. They had to use the vacuum to help her out so she is sporting the conehead look right now - lol! The top two photos are her, an hour ago, finally at home with me :-) I had to stay two days because of my complications, but after two days of torture, I was finally released - yay! We wanted to share this moment with everyone and hope all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment