Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hannah's Homecoming




























well, this is us home. I was so thrilled to shower and feel somewhat normal again - ok, walking around with three layers of stitches will never feel "normal", but better than the stitches and catheter andIVs I was punished with for two days at the hospital - lol. Hate needles and stuff in me. The above photos show some traditional Dutch celebrations. The poster in the front window says, "Hoera een Meisje!" Which tells the world we just had a baby girl - already neighbors have brought flowers :-))) Matthijs' team at work sent flowers and his HR department sent the cutest brwon bear with its own little travel bag! Then we decorate some in the house, b/c we sent out our expected Dutch "birth announcements" and people are expected to call and make appointments to visit mommy and baby. How cute! Of course, his family has already been coming!
His mom taught me the most fun tradition, which she has been doing for me (love her!). She came over yesterday with a basket of gifts. For ten days from the birth, us parents get to open one gift. Most are for the baby, but some are for the mother or father. Since I didn't come home from the hospital the day of birth as expected, we got to open three yesterday already!! Hannah has some cute new stuff and I have a great pj outfit!!! What a fun tradition :-)))

No comments: